Thursday, January 20, 2011

Really?

Posted by Sean Doyle, January 20, 2010.

Filmmaking Icon George Lucas (#316 on Forbes 400 with a net worth of $3 Billion) apparently believes the world will be coming to an end in 2012.  This according to actor Seth Rogen who met with the legend and his equally famous friend Steven Speilberg.  According to Rogen, Lucas went on for 25 minutes about the dire prediction. "George is going on about tectonic plates and all the time Speilberg is, like, rolling his eyes, like, 'My nerdy friend won't shut up, I'm sorry.'  Perhaps Lucas was playing an elaborate prank on Rogen?  However, Seth seemed to rule that out.  "I thought at first George was joking...then I totally realized that he was serious and then I started thinking 'If you're George Lucas and you actually think the world is gonna end in a year, there's no way you haven't built a spaceship for yourself...So I asked him...'Can I have a seat on it?'

Really? I don't buy this.

UPDATE!

Wired: "George Lucas Dispels Wild 2012 Apocalypse Rumor."

No comments:

Post a Comment