Thursday, March 18, 2010

IS THIS REALLY THE ZEITGEIST?

Posted by Colin Doyle, March 18, 2010


During the economic crisis I, like many other people, found myself online virtually non-stop. I was reading from as many sources as possible to educate myself on what exactly was happening to the global economy. Ironically, the search for knowledge can sometimes lead you in the dumbest directions. I have always been amused by the online conspiracy community. What amazes me is how well they can take every new development that comes along no mater how contradictory and weave it into their conspiracy narrative. I am not a denier that conspiracies can and often do exist. It would be foolish to except the world at face value and not question the motivation of powerful people or organizations. It would also be foolish to think that sci-fi enthusiasts with google and a ripped version of final cut pro are gunna make the video that uncovers the truth.


One video I came across, in particular, drives me up the fucking wall. This movie is called Zeitgeist. This pretentious Final-Cut "masterpiece" is basically another Federal Reserve bash-fest. And to be sure, there's plenty to bash about the Fed. However, this movie prints more bullshit then the Federal Reserve prints money. After monotonously explaining that we live under a system of financial repression and slavery, (which unfortunately many of us do) the film goes on to offer an answer. What is it, you ask? Some vague type of new age utopia where people "cooperate" and live equally. They even have little renderings of white cloud cities with monorails, glass building, and lots of trees to show how serious they are about their utopia. Unfortunately if the creator of this masterpiece of bullshit had just looked back a little deeper into the 20th century he might have discovered a little something called communism.


I just can't believe how stupid some people are. I blush watching them hold up their renderings of futuristic potamkin villages while they talk about purging the world of the artificial happiness that capitalism has fed to us through materialism, and consumption. HA!


Take a moment to read the comments listed under this video wherever it might be posted, and you soon realize that people fail. They (Zeitgeist fans) are like goldfish swimming about in mindless wisdom-immune circles. These people are no more critical of this empty rhetoric now then when it was first spread to the masses oh so long ago and this despite a century of bloody communist failings. Listen, if you have nothing important to do... or even unimportant to do....AND I DO MEAN NOTHING. Take some time and be entertained by the indefensible stupidity that is Zeitgeist.


I give it two thumbs.... in my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment